NZSURE – Disclosure Information
Important information that you might like to know about us before we begin our journey together.
Licence status and conditions
NZSURE Limited (FSP615209, trading as NZSURE) holds a licence issued by the Financial Markets Authority
(FMA) to provide financial advice.
Nature and scope of the financial advice given
NZSURE Limited provides advice to our clients about their life and health insurances, as well as home loans. We are able to provide financial advice from the following product providers:
Life and disability insurances: Partners Life, AIA, Cigna, Asteron, AMP and Fidelity Life.
Health Insurances: Partners Life, NIB, AIA, Cigna and Accuro.
KiwiSaver: Booster and Generate
We do not provide advice on KiwiSaver or Investments.
Any financial advice we provide will take only take into account the information you have given us about your particular needs, financial situation or goals.
NZSURE Limited and anyone who gives financial advice on our behalf, have duties under the Financial Markets Conduct Act 2013 relating to the way that we give advice. We are required to:
- give priority to your interests by taking all reasonable steps to make sure our advice isn’t materially influenced by our own interests
- exercise care, diligence, and skill in providing you with advice
- meet standards of competence, knowledge and skill set by the Code of Professional Conduct for Financial Advice Services (these are designed to make sure that we have the expertise needed to provide you with advice)
- meet standards of ethical behaviour, conduct and client care set by the Code of Professional Conduct for Financial Advice Services (these are designed to make sure we treat you as we should, and give you suitable advice).
This is only a summary of the duties that we have. More information is available by contacting us, or by visiting the Financial Markets Authority website at https://www.fma.govt.nz.
The Code of Conduct standards can be read here:
No fees, expenses or other amounts payable for our financial advice
Most of the time, our services are completely free. That’s because instead of being paid by you, we receive revenue from our product suppliers like the fund managers and insurers.
How we are renumerated
NZSURE and the financial adviser receive commissions from the providers on whose policies we give advice (insurers and KiwiSaver providers). If you decide to take out insurance, or take our KiwiSaver advice, the provider will pay a commission to NZSURE and to your financial adviser. The amount of the commission is based on the amount of the premium or the KiwiSaver balance.
From time to time, product providers may also reward us for the overall business we provide to them. They may give us tickets to sports events, hampers, or other incentives.
How we manage any conflicts of interest or other incentives
To ensure that our financial advisers prioritise the client’s interest above their own, we follow an advice process that ensures our recommendations are made on the basis of the client’s goals and circumstances.
All our financial advisers undergo annual training about how to manage conflicts of interest.
We also undertake a compliance audit, and a review of our compliance programme annually by a reputable compliance consultancy firm.
Internal complaints process
If you have a problem, concern, or complaint about any part of the financial advice you have received from us, you may contact us using any of the following means: in writing, by telephone or by email. Here are our contact details.
|Company Name||NZSURE Limited|
|Attention||The Complaints Officer|
|Address||14/111, Thomas Road, Rototuna, Hamilton – 3210|
|Telephone||0800 002 951 or 07 855 3482|
Our Complaint Handling Process
When we receive a complaint, we will consider it following our internal complaints process:
- We will consider your complaint and let you know how we intend to resolve it. We may need to contact you to get further information about your complaint.
- We aim to resolve complaints within 15 working days of receiving them. If we can’t, we will contact you within that time to let you know we need more time to consider your complaint.
- We will contact you by phone or email to let you know whether we can resolve your complaint and how we propose to do so.
- If we can’t resolve your complaint, or you aren’t satisfied with the way we propose to do so, you can contact Financial Services Complaints Limited.
Dispute resolution process
If our internal complaints process does not resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, you can contact our external independent dispute resolution scheme. This service is free and may help investigate or resolve the complaint.
We are a member of the Financial Services Complaints Limited’s approved dispute resolution scheme. You can contact the Financial Services Complaints Limited at:
|Company Name||Financial Services Complaints Limited|
|Address||Level 4, Sybase House, 101 Lambton Quay, Wellington 6011|
|Postal Address||P O Box 5967, Wellington 6140|
0800 347 257 (freephone if within New Zealand) or
+64 4 472 3725 (if calling outside New Zealand)
NZSURE Limited (FSP615209, trading as NZSURE) is the Licensed Financial Advice Provider.
You can contact us at:
|Physical address||905 Victoria Street,|
|Postal address||P O Box 9862, Hamilton 3240|
|Telephone||0800 002 951 or 07 855 3482|